TikTok is a video-sharing program that allows users to broadcast live video streams, record short video snippets, apply filters, and share the results on social media.
Alex Zhu, a TikTok founder, had the concept to mix music, video sharing, and social networking in one smartphone application. He observed teenagers using several apps to listen to music, take photos, and shoot short movies, which they then shared with their peers.
He believed that the new generation requires a music app that allows them to create short movies, which he considered an innovative app type.
TikTok is now one of the most well-known and valued startups.
- The video-sharing app has been downloaded 1 billion times and has 500 million monthly active users.
- If we talk about usage, almost every user spends an average of 50 minutes on TikTok per day.
- Teenagers love the app, with 41% of TikTok users between the ages of 16 and 24.
- In-app purchases are Tik Tok’s principal source of revenue, bringing in $3.5 million every month.
- Global Tik Tok revenue hit $39 billion in the first half of 2019.
1) Demand from users
Millions of individuals have internet connections, and the majority of them use media-sharing apps like TikTok to pass the time. Also, your TikTok-like app has a good chance of becoming popular.
2) Marketing’s Demand
Most businesses are also aiming for platforms like TikTok in order to reach millions of customers. Also, creating a TikTok-style app will allow you to connect with people who want to promote their products or services.
Here are Advertisers Statistics for the last 5 years
- Advertisers in the United States spent about $50 million on programmatic digital display advertising in 2018. (2020, HubSpot)
- Photo and picture uploads are the most popular content category on social media for increasing audience engagement. (2020, HubSpot)
- Paid advertising is “very significant” or “very vital” to 68 percent of marketers’ total marketing strategies. (2020, HubSpot) Advertisers’ main optimization methods nowadays are ad placement and audience targeting. (2020, HubSpot)
- Paid advertising is used by 33% of marketers to raise brand recognition. (2020, HubSpot) The Google Display Network reaches 90% of the world’s Internet users. (2019, Google)
- Using Google Ads audience targeting on YouTube, Purple witnessed a 34.6 percent increase in brand consideration for their mattress orders. Schmidt Naturals saw a 48 percent increase in brand recognition for its vegan goods on YouTube after using Google Ads (Google, 2020). (2020, Google)
3) Easier to Understand
If you are a serious developer, you will realize that creating an app like TikTok is not very difficult. All you need are the correct tools.
4) Increased Profits
With millions of users, you can find a variety of methods to gain from such media-sharing apps. Also, you can make money using other monetization models as well.
- The Advantages of TikTok Clone App Development
- There are more than 500 million users worldwide.
- There have been over 33 million downloads.
- More generous profit margins.
- Every age group will enjoy this app.
- Results that are completely customized.
- A genuine, uncut video-sharing community.
5) Create a Developer Profile
As a developer, creating an app similar to TikTok that will also be successful is critical to establishing your brand. Also, from such a triumph, you can make even greater progress.
6) Positive feedback
You are more likely to obtain favorable ratings on different sites if you use a TikTok-like app. Also, this is critical for the success of your app and any subsequent apps you design.
7) Information and entertainment sharing
Creating an app like TikTok means you will be adding to the growing list of online entertainment and information-sharing platforms. Also, these are the most frequently used applications.
8) More Offers
If you create an app similar to TikTok, you can land large deals with specific businesses.
9) It Has the Potential to Be Successful
TikTok began as a musical app.ly had no clue it would become one of the most well-known apps in the world in just a few years. You never know how things will turn out. Instagram Reels, a video-sharing app akin to TikTok, is proving to be a huge hit.
10) Fresh Concepts
You will pick up new ideas that will help you create something even greater than TikTok. You can choose what to include and leave out during the development process.
If you want your TikTok-like app to stand out, you should try to be a little different. Your new app does not need to have all of TikTok’s capabilities, but you can experiment with additional unique aspects to make it stand out.
How to Make a Tiktok-like App?
To make a social TikTok-style app, you will need to follow the instructions below.
Similar Blog: How To Create App Like TikTok?
Examine the demographics of your intended audience.
To better understand your customers and produce a product that meets their needs, you must discover more about them. Also, determine their average age, where they live, the devices they use (types and operating systems), and the speed of their internet connection.
Also, find out how they feel about app security, poor loading times, user interface, app functionality, and anything else that can influence your target customers’ desire to use your app. To increase your chances of success, look for Product/Market Fit.
Recruit a team to assist with the app’s development.
You will need a team of experts with a lot of expertise in building social apps. Your team has the power to create or break your app, so make sure you employ the proper developers. You can always outsource if you do not have the right mobile app developers on staff.
Outsourcing is far more cost-effective, and it can assist you in locating exceptional personnel capable of developing a successful social networking app. Make sure everyone on your team understands the audience you are aiming to reach, your business model, priorities, and monetization approach.
Gather your mobile app developers and other stakeholders during the exploration phase of your project to design the concept of your app decide on features and user roles, determine the technology stack, and estimate expenses.
Plan ahead of time
Make sure to apply your usability research when creating your app design to give your prospective users a product that is simple to use and gives an outstanding experience.
Your app’s user interface should be simple and intuitive, and it should be clutter-free. It should be both visually appealing and practical, and it should entice people to download and use your app.
Development of the MVP
Before launching your software in its entirety, you must first create an MVP (minimum viable product). It enables you to test your app and gather valuable user feedback. That way, you may make any necessary changes and ensure that your app is fully functional before launching it.
We recommend using the following features to create a social media MVP (with our estimates in hours):
The creation of an MVP
Designer (265+ hours), QA Specialist (113+ hours), and Project Manager + Communication (226+ hours) are also needed.
- To create an MVP on one platform, you will need at least 1169 hours.
- As a result, the approximate cost of app development (based on average rates in various locations) may be as follows:
- $175K+ in the United States (average pay $150/hour); $59K+ in Eastern Europe (average rate $50/hour); $23K+ in India (average rate $20/hour).
- Create an MVP with just enough intriguing features to get early adopters to download the app. After you have gotten their input and improved your software, you may finish up the remaining features and launch your application in its entirety.
Release & Marketing Activities for the App
Make sure your program is optimized for the app marketplace(s) where it will be released before launching it. Also, include a captivating description that explains what the app is all about and how to use it and introduces them to the key features. Make sure the app has appealing pictures, relevant keywords in the title tag, and, of course, a recognizable logo.
You must publicize it on your website and social media and promote it regularly. Always include screenshots as well as links to the app store(s) where folks can download it. Paid ads, such as Google Ads and social media ads are also available. Also, paid ads will help you get more quality leads interested in your musical app.
If you follow all of these guidelines, making a TikTok clone is not difficult. Find the best mobile app developers to handle all of the technical challenges, but first, make sure you understand what your target audience wants. The only way to design a musical app that they will really appreciate is to delve deep into their wants and preferences.