Kandharasana Yoga Mudra, considered one of the main postures of yoga, is very effective for curing various diseases and pains in your body. Kandharasana yoga is mainly famous for curing back and back pain. This yoga opens your heart and breathing path.
Traditionally, physiotherapists and doctors alike will give you medicines, but yoga is needed to heal the body from within, which helps you recover quickly. Let us know in detail the method of doing Kandharasana yoga and its benefits.
If you want to learn different types of yoga, then you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, Indonesia.
What is Kandharasana?
Kandharasana is a yoga posture. The name of this asana is derived from the Sanskrit language. Kandharasana is made up of two words in which “Kandha” means “shoulder” and “asana” means “posture,” its whole meaning is the shoulder. This asana is called the “Solder” pose in English.
This asana is more beneficial in maintaining a healthy reproductive system in women as this asana strengthens the female reproductive organs and is related to their menstrual problems and uterus. It also gives relief from other disorders. Let us know in detail the method of doing Kandharasana and its benefits.
Methods of doing Kandharasana Yoga
Seeing the benefits of Kandharasana yoga, every person wants to do this asana. To get the maximum benefit of the asana, it is necessary to have complete information about it. Some steps are being given below to do this asana:
- To do this asana, spread a yoga mat in a clean and airy place.
- Lie down on that yoga mat in the corpse pose, i.e., on your back.
- Keep both your hands straight parallel to your body.
- After this, bend both your legs from the knees. That is, keep the feet on the ground.
- After that, with both hands, hold the side slightly above the heels of both feet.
- It is the first position of Kandharasana and relaxes your body by keeping your breath normal.
- After that, keep your head on the ground and emphasize the toes of your feet.
- Emphasizing the legs, lift the chest, waist, back, thighs, and buttocks upwards.
- Keep your spine fully stretched.
- Keep the legs and shoulders fixed and raise the navel as high as you can.
- Make sure that the entire weight of your body is on your feet and shoulders.
- Stay in this position for 2-3 minutes, and keep breathing normally.
- You can stay in this posture until your muscles feel tired.
- After that, you slowly come to your starting position and spread your arms and legs, and relax by taking deep breaths.
- After doing this asana, you should do Paschimottanasana, i.e., bend forward.
- Do this asana 5 to 10 times.
Benefits of Kandharasana Yoga
Many benefits are obtained from doing Kandharasana yoga. Let us know its benefits in detail.
Benefits of Kandharasana Reduce physical pain
Kandharasana or shoulder pose strengthens the muscles of the arms, chest, and shoulders. It also cures easy back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, and neck pain. This asana realigns the spine. Beneficial to do this yoga and get rid of back pain.
Benefits of Kandharasana Yoga beneficial for women
Kandharasana or the shoulder pose helps in improving the health of the reproductive system of women. It is excellent for menstrual disorders, uterine problems, and various bronchial conditions. Also great for strengthening the female reproductive organs and uterus. This asana prevents abortion problems by improving the health of the uterus.
Benefits of Kandharasana in improving digestion
If you are troubled by stomach digestion, then this yoga can be beneficial for you.
Develop the body with Kandharasana
Regular practice of Kandharasana yoga helps in widening the chest and also in widening the chest. Regular practice of this asana can loosen the legs. Also helps in focusing attention. Kandharasana yoga stretches the whole body and increases flexibility. It helps in strengthening the hips and pelvis.
Apart from this, there are other benefits of doing Kandharasana –
- It reduces stress.
- Increases body strength and stamina.
- It activates and regulates the Vishuddha Chakra.
- Used to awaken Kundalini Shakti.
- Kandharasana helps in the treatment of respiratory diseases like asthma.
Precautions of Kandharasana Yoga
You have learned the benefits of Kandharasana above, but it is important to know some precautions before doing this asana. This asana should practice with utmost care and care. Let us know some of its precautions which you have to keep in mind before doing Kandharasana.
- People should start this asana for 15-20 seconds only.
- Do this asana on an empty stomach.
- Keep your breathing normal during the exercise.
- Do not do this asana more than once in your capacity.
- Do not do this asana in severe problems like knee pain, shoulder pain, back pain.
- People with duodenal ulcers or abdominal hernia should not practice this asana.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- People suffering from chronic heart problems should not practice the pose of Kandharasana.
- This asana should not perform by people suffering from respiratory disorders and high blood pressure.