Accessing the Asus router login page is the first step to configuring your network settings. Router.asus.com takes you to your router’s login page. The default IP address, which is printed on the router, can also be used to access the router’s setup wizard. This guide will help you make any additional settings you wish by configuring the Asus router login page.
Want to log into the web GUI of the Asus Router?
Here is the complete guide:
You can log in to your Asus router to access the advanced settings of your router account. Here, you are free to perform the setup function, modify the necessary wireless settings, update the firmware as well as alter the login credentials for future security.
The web-based GUI allows you to configure different features on your wireless router. Make use of any compatible browser. Follow the guide given below for more information on logging into the Asus router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your router and computer.
- Use any compatible web browser. Enter the URL http://router.asus.com.
- Alternatively, use the IP address provided in your manual to log in.
- To go to the sign-in page, press the Enter key.
- These fields will require your login details.
- You will be directed to the Asus setup wizard.
- Modify the settings to meet your needs.
Why the Asus Router’s GUI is not accessible?
- Check the status of your Ethernet cable and LED connection if your computer is wired.
- You can use the bundled network cable to connect your computer to your wireless router’s port. Navigate to the site and type router.asus.com.
- Verify that your internet connection works.
- Your browser must be compatible with your device. Google Chrome is always recommended.
- The browser might be cached. Try to clear them and the history as well.
- Make sure you always use the most recent firmware for your device. A device that has outdated firmware can cause issues in its operation.
- Passwords that we use should be case-sensitive. Ensure to check your password before you enter.
- In the end, you can reset the router if it’s not working.
How to reset your Asus router?
If the above troubleshooting tips fail, you don’t have any other option for your rescue except to reset the router. No doubt it will erase all the personalized settings, but it is the last option you will have to perform. There are several ways to reset based on the model you have. Keep track of all credentials that you use in the future.
Reset using Web GUI (http://router.asus.com)
- Firstly, open any compatible browser and input the local gateway http://router.asus.com.
- Use the username and password you selected on the login screen to log in, then click Sign In.
- Once you have accessed your router’s web-based app, the Administration option will be available.
- Select the Restore/Save/Upload tab in the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, click the Restore button to restore factory default settings for your router.
You will be prompted to continue the restoration. Click OK to restore. This will delete all the settings, as well as the router will reset to factory default settings.
The router must remain powered on to complete the reboot. Do not power it on or turn it off during the whole process. The Web GUI lets you change the settings for your Asus wireless router.
- Find the reset button on your router. It might differ depending on your model.
- Now press the button.
- You should hold it for between 5-10 seconds. The power LED will flash.
- Do not turn on the LED lights during this period. This is normal, as the router will restart.
- Wait patiently for the LED to turn back on.
- This completes the reset process.
Reset using the WPS button:
- First, turn off the router.
- Click on the WPS button. Press it for a few seconds. Now the router is on.
- The power light is on. Continue pressing the WPS button.
- When the power LED’s light flashes, release the button.
- Lastly, the power light ceases flashing when the router reboots.
We sincerely hope that you have configured the process of Asus router login on your own by following the steps. We also hope that you now know the steps of resetting your Asus router by both means. Want more information on how to log into your Asus router? Don’t hesitate to contact our tech support team at the end.