Digital marketing has grown immensely with the spread of technology worldwide. As the digital marketing spending in 2020 was $378.16 billion and is projected to increase to $455.3 billion in 2021. There is no doubt that online marketing is the key to bringing about a dynamic shift in the advertising business.
The internet has revolutionized the way people interact with each other. Similarly, it has also changed the way businesses connect with customers. With the shift in the content that people expect, companies have to step up and bring their A-game to catch their customers’ attention.
The Role of a Digital Marketing Expert
A digital marketing expert is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the entire digital marketing strategy. The key to carving a name in the industry is to stand out from the crowd with innovative marketing strategies that take advantage of what the internet offers.
According to research conducted by iwoca, there were almost 80 new businesses registered per hour in the first half of 2021, signifying the indomitable entrepreneurial spirit to revive the economy post-Covid. But, unfortunately, this spirit pushes firms to adopt more digital marketing tactics to bring in high revenue with little investment.
As a result, companies are clamoring for digital marketing experts familiar with planning and executing successful marketing campaigns and supplying creative content for their customers.
The role of a digital marketing expert is dynamic and includes the following responsibilities:
- Identifying the marketing trends and ensuring the company is on top of all developments.
- Developing and managing various digital marketing campaigns.
- Promoting the company’s products and services on different social media channels.
- Keeping track of the traffic on websites and reporting the success of the marketing campaign.
- Improving marketing campaigns based on the data from previous campaigns.
- Working on the SEO of websites to improve ranking on the search engine.
- Developing creative content for social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Editing and posting the audio, video, and blog content.
- Creating email and SMS marketing campaigns.
- Identifying new digital marketing technologies and applying them for better campaigns.
Such a wide range of responsibilities make digital marketing a dynamic career option where you get to learn and grow along with the ever-evolving digital marketing tactics to increase awareness of the company’s products and services.
10 Reasons Why a Career in Digital Marketing Unlocks the Door to Success
If the thought of sitting at your desk for a 9 to 5 job seems a chore, you might wish to explore the dynamic career of a digital marketing expert.
1) Choose how you’d like to progress in your career
As a digital marketing expert, you have the freedom to decide whether you would like to work for a company or become a freelancer. You could also start your own business or become a digital nomad. Whichever career path you choose, you will be able to find opportunities that will suit your needs perfectly and create the best working environment.
2) No need for fancy degrees or university education
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars every year for a college degree to excel as a digital marketing expert. Instead, you can opt for an online digital marketing certification that equips you with the necessary skills. Also, you would need to succeed in this career without going into debt.
Some of the reputable certifications are:
- Coursera Digital Marketing Specialisation
- Simplilearn Digital Marketing Specialist Certificate
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Digital Marketing Certification
- LinkedIn Digital Marketing Certificate
- Google Ads Marketing Certification
- Harvard Digital Marketing Strategy Program
Some of these certification programs, like the Google Digital Marketing Certification, are free and help you cover the fundamentals of:
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Business analysis
- Marketing strategy
- Web optimization
- Video marketing
3) Constant demand for digital marketing experts
The digital marketing market grows as companies realize their potential to reach a global audience. Hence, there is a significant drought of digital marketing experts compared to the available jobs. As a result, you won’t have to worry about finding a job as long as you have a certification or degree in digital marketing.
4) Specialize in various disciplines
Digital marketing is pretty vast, and you can specialize in any field that captures your attention, such as:
- Digital marketing executive
- SEO optimizer
- Digital marketing manager
- Social media marketing manager
- Digital marketing copywriter
- Conversion rate optimizer
- SEM specialist
- Inbound marketing manager
- Content marketing manager
- Analytics manager
With such varied roles, you get to pick whichever suits your interest and skills the most.
5) Diversity in projects
Being a digital marketing expert, you have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects where you can apply innovative marketing tactics. Furthermore, if you are a freelancer, you can pick and choose the projects that appeal to you the most.
6) Creativity is the key to success
Companies are always searching for professional digital marketing experts with a creative streak. In an age where unique content is in much demand, the ability to stand out from other businesses with innovative marketing strategies can unlock your road to success.
7) Anyone can become a digital marketing expert
The general belief is that you need to major in marketing and technology to become a digital marketing expert. However, the reality is that you don’t need a graduate degree from a top university in marketing to excel as a digital marketing expert. Instead, with an online certification from a reputable organization, you are good to enter the field regardless of your major.
8) Certifications boost your resume
When you complete digital marketing certifications, you get to add different credentials to your resume. For example, you can obtain Google certifications in AdWords, Analytics, etc. that can help companies determine your skill level and provide you with an advantage over others.
Moreover, with the help of academic writing services like Allessaywriter.com, you can hire professionals to provide you with a killer resume.
9) Digital marketers bag an excellent pay
According to Glassdoor, a digital marketing expert can earn an average of $72,015 a year. Moreover, since digital marketing is such an in-demand job, you can negotiate your salary when you have gained enough experience in the field.
10) Provides flexibility you’ll find in no other career
Digital marketing experts can pick and choose their projects or work depending on the number of hours they’d like to dedicate to the task. Therefore, a career in digital marketing is best for those who prefer flexibility in their work environment.
Summing it up:
The digital marketing field continues to grow in leaps and bounds with every passing day, opening up job opportunities left and right. Nowadays, companies don’t have to depend on traditional marketing to drive sales. Instead, the future lies with creating a connection with the customers through various digital marketing strategies. So, if you have a knack for marketing and a creative streak inside, digital marketing can open up a world of wonders in your career.