Viparita Shalabhasana is also known as Super-Man Pose and the position of the body in this asana resembles that of a Superman flying in the sky. This asana is done lying down. Viparita Shalabhasana is made up of three words Viparita, Shalabh and Asana.
Viparita means inverted, Shalabh means grasshopper and Asana means yoga posture. This asana can be a good exercise for the stomach. Performing Viparita Shalabhasana expands the digestive tract, hence it helps combat digestive problems.
This asana also works on the mental level. It stimulates the heart chakra, throat chakra, and Manipura chakra. Know about Viparita Shalabhasana in Hindi and precautions to be taken. If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India.
Method of doing Viparita Shalabhasana:
- To do this asana, lie down on the stomach on a yoga mat and at the same time keep your ankles straight on the ground, keeping the chin on the ground.
- You can know here the benefits of doing asanas on a yoga mat.
- After this, bring your feet close to each other and keep the claws together.
- Then pull your hands as far in front as possible, that is, outwards.
- After this take a deep breath and try to raise your hands, feet, chest, and thighs above the ground.
- You will look like a flying superhero in this situation, bring a smile to your face during this time.
- Instead of trying to lift your arms and legs higher, try to pull them in the opposite direction.
- Feel the stretch in both the opposite parts of the body and make sure that your elbows and heels are not bent.
- Now keep breathing consciously and keep your attention towards the stretch happening in the body.
- When you exhale, slowly bring your chest, arms, and legs down.
Opposite Shalabhasana Benefits:
- By doing this asana, the abdomen and lower back are strengthened.
- Regularizing Viparita Shalabhasana creates a stretch in the chest.
- Viparita Shalabhasana is beneficial for smoothing blood flow.
- By doing this asana, the muscles of the shoulders, chest, arms and legs, abdomen, and lower back become strong.
- By doing Viparita Shalabhasana, the bones of the spine are massaged.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- If you have recently had abdominal surgery, then this asana should not be done.
- Practice it only in the presence of a skilled instructor.
- If you feel the tension in your neck, place your lips on the ground instead of your chin.
- If you have back problems, spinal cord, or hand injury, then do not do this asana
Udarakarshanasana: Helpful asana in constipation and joint pain:-
Yoga gives relief from many diseases. Moreover, for those who already practice yoga, the chances of getting any disease are very less. Till today we have given you information about many asanas of yoga.
Like yoga for weight loss, yoga to increase beauty, yoga to increase strength, even how you can increase your life by yoga, we have also told you this. Today we are telling you yoga asanas for common problems faced by many people like constipation, leg pain, back pain, etc., so let’s know about Udarakarshanasana.
Method of Udarkarshasana:
- To practice Udarakarshasana, sit on a clean flat place with a carpet.
- Now bend the right leg from the knee and place it under the hips.
- Now keep the knees and toes close to the floor.
- After this, bend the left leg from the knee but keeping the leg straight, keep its paws on the floor near the knee of the right leg.
- Now place the right hand on the right knee and the left hand on the left knee.
- Now try to bring the left knee down and near the right knee by pressing hard with the left hand.
- But keep in mind that keep the knee only one inch above the floor.
- Now turn the face to the left, so that the mouth and shoulder are kept straight.
- Remain in this position for some time, then repeat this action by changing the legs.
Benefits of Udarkarsana:
- By regularizing this asana, the problem of constipation and acidity is relieved.
- The practice of this asana also gives relief from foot pain, people who have a lot of pain in the feet, then they should take vitamin D supplements and practice this asana.
- This asana is beneficial in many diseases, due to which your body becomes active and there is no fatigue.
- It not only enables you to face physical challenges but also emotional challenges.
- If you have pain in the feet, then its posture is beneficial, it also removes back pain.
It can be done both in the morning and evening, but it is necessary to do it on an empty stomach.