Nowadays, everyone is adopting a digital life. We are getting lazy day by day, and we want to get everything delivered to our doorstep. To meet our needs, the app developers are developing different kinds of delivery apps that can serve our required materials at our doorstep. Among all these different kinds of delivery apps, medicine delivery apps are one of them. The medicine delivery app works almost similar to the food delivery apps.
Here, in this article, we will discuss every detail about a medicine delivery app, such as: what is a medicine delivery app, how to develop a successful medicine delivery app that includes the features of a successful medicine delivery app, how much it costs to build a successful medicine delivery app, how they work, and lots more.
What is a Medicine Delivery App?
A medicine delivery app is a specialized app used to purchase medicines online and deliver them at home. To buy medicine, the customers have to search by the name of their doctor-prescribed medicine. If they find that medicine, simply places the order and get the medicine delivered at home.
Features of a medicine delivery app:
A medicine delivery app development should contain the following features.
Features for users:
The features that a medicine delivery app should offer for the users are as follows:
- The registration procedure in the medicine delivery app should be easy. Also, the users should register with their phone number and email address.
- The user profile should contain details of the customers such as name, residential address (for delivery purpose), payment details, etc.
- Upload the picture of the doctor consulted prescription and search for the medicine if available in the medicine delivery app.
- The medicine delivery app should provide the option of search by using filters so that the customers find the medicine easily.
- Also, the medicine delivery app should include different modes of payment such as UPI, net banking, debit card, COD, etc.
- The medicine delivery app should provide the feature to track and locate the order.
- Some advanced features are the availability of multiple languages, AI system, 24*7 helpline via chat, shipment tracking, etc.
Features for admin dashboard:
The features that a medicine delivery app should include for the admin dashboard are as follows:
- The admin dashboard should show the order status, such as the delivered orders, the orders on their way, the pending orders, etc.
- Also, the admin dashboard must include the feature that keeps an eye on the medicines’ low stock medicine and expiry date. The admin should get a notification of these things.
- The admin dashboard should show the analytics by customer’s rating, such as how the medicine delivery app performs.
- Also, it should include a feature to track the delivery vehicle.
- The admin dashboard should demonstrate the incomes and the spending.
- It should introduce the marketing tools to put advertisements and reach out to new potential customers.
- Some advanced features that the admin dashboard of a medicine delivery app should include are role-based dashboard, EHR integrated customer profile, report management, Lab accumulation, number masking, CRM integration, etc.
Features for drivers:
A successful medicine delivery app should introduce the following features for the drivers.
- A medicine delivery app should include the features for the drivers (who will deliver the medicine to the customers) to register into the app and build their profile very easily.
- The medicine delivery app should provide detailed information about the order and delivery location to the drivers.
- The drivers should get immediate notification whenever a customer places an order.
- The medicine delivery app should include a feature for the drivers to show if the driver is available or not. The drivers should put an online or offline status to show their availability.
- The drivers should get the route of the delivery location by using Google Maps.
- Different modes of payment should be available for the convenience of both the customers and the drivers.
Cost for developing a medicine delivery app:
The cost of developing a medicine delivery app is decided on different parameters and the app developer you choose. The parameters that determine the cost of the medicine delivery app development include the medicine delivery app.
Like, the platform of development, the must-have compliances, location, the time to spent on the app development, introducing advanced facilities such as marketing inspection and business survey, etc.
Remember that you should select an authentic app development company to develop your medicine delivery app no matter how much it costs. Do not forget to include the features mentioned above in your medicine delivery app.
First, you have to spend a sufficient amount of money to succeed with your medicine delivery app. If the app is not well developed, it may save you money at first, but it will only result in failure.
How does a medicine delivery app work?
It is mentioned earlier that a medicine delivery app works just like a food delivery app. If you want to know more about a food delivery app, you can find out more about the best food delivery app development companies.
A medicine delivery app has partnerships with different pharmacies. When customers want to purchase medicine, they have to upload a picture of the prescription and search for their desired medicine.
After finding the medicine, they have to place the order and the payment method. The admin gets an instant notification whenever an order placed. Then the drivers deliver the order as soon as possible.
Benefits of using a medicine delivery app:
The users can get the medicines to deliver at home. They do not have to find a pharmacy for an emergency purpose. It is helpful for people who live in remote areas. Also, the apps sometimes give discounts on medicines.
Article provided by AIS Technolabs.