Often we call, “Home, sweet home” to show our emotion to the place where we reside. Everyone has a dream of a well-built and well-organized house which can be called a sweet home. But how to make the home sweeter with roomtodo?
If you are moving to or building a new home or renovating your old home, consider many things. If you tell your engineer to build or renovate this staying place, the engineer will show you a layout plan. What is a layout plan, then?
A layout plan is an accurate representation of rooms and amenities present in a structure. Generally, the layout plan is made by drawing simple lines to show you the room size, wall size, column position, window position, door position, etc.
Sometimes, layout plans also have a simple 2D drawing of the room’s furniture. The main task of the layout plan is to show the size and present the formation of the room and other amenities understandably for the non-technical person.
Drawing Floor Plan: Old and Present
Before the age of computers and design aiding software, technicians drew Layout and other plans of big sketch paper. It was very laborious and time-consuming work. Moreover, the percentage of human errors was high. Fortunately, the time has changed.
Much Computer-Aided Design software emerged later. It eased the process and helped to overcome the errors. Currently, updated software can do many complex tasks. But one of the problems remained. To use this software very skilled personnel are needed. As a result, to produce a very simple layout or plan, the cost is high.
Wait, there is a solution to this problem. You can use Roomtodo 2D/3D layout planner to complete this task. The main thing is that it is a web-based software, so no big file download, no installation. Just login and start.
Another key point of this software is, even a high school-going student can plan a house; it is that easy. Roomtodo is a free floor plan software that can meet all of the needs associated with your new house.
Traditional CAD software vs. Roomtodo
Traditional CAD software is heavy and requires a lot of space on the PC. For example, if you have a 4GB RAM PC, you may not use the conventional CAD software. Even it isn’t easy to install and operate.
- The traditional CAD or floor plan software runs using the memories of the PCF you are using; it will undoubtedly make your PC a very slow machine. At the same time, roomtodo is web-based software. It is entirely online and hence does not take your PC space. So work faster than ever.
- You may need to spend $$$ to buy a license of traditional CAD software, whereas roomtodo is free. There is a pro version of roomtodo software, and the cost is very minimal.
How to Draw Layout using Roomtodo?
So, let me tell you why you prescribe Roomtodo over conventional floor plan software or CAD software. A ton of reasons mention, but I am saying a very few of them.
- Roomtodo is light yet powerful. It can render almost every color, every type of structural member and create beautiful, stunning combinations to make your Layout a super hit one.
- There is the option to customize everything. You can draw a layout or floor plan with your cursor or pen. You can even give your floor plan idea a virtual life by using roomtodo.
- Structural members can be set in any shape. You can select columns and beams, place girders, add or remove walls, add or remove floor tiles, and so on uncountable options to choose from.
- Rendering a 3D from a 2D plan is easy and not time-consuming. At the same time, PC software consumes a lot of time to render things.
- Pre-made elements are easily customizable, thus allowing you to use them anywhere in your drawing.
- You can add furniture and decorative items to your plan. It will allow you to know how your room or plan will look after your furniture. The sizes of the furniture are easily customizable. For home decor, there are many pre-build paintings, indoor plants, and so on. You can add your decorative items too.
Most Popular Options
- The funniest and valuable part of roomtodo is the drag and drop feature. It is the feature for which you can use roomtodo without any technical knowledge. Just drag and drop what you want, customize the size, position, and other details. Oho, you are done!! Bravo!!
- The option I like most is the interior design part. There is the option to do the interior design of your room as you wish. You can paint your wall, add your image or painting, change wall tiles, add fixtures to the kitchen and bathroom, and even use gradient colors to check how they look.
There are tons of pre-made options, and in pro mode, you can create your own. So, it is super cool for non-techy to design an entire house within a matter of time with no extra knowledge of interior design.
Planning a house
Are you planning a house of yours where your dreams nurture and will bloom fully? A house that can be called a sweet home. Then, no skill is required; roomtodo is the best software solution for you to give your dream a first virtual life.
Are you a professional interior designer?
Then you can use roomtodo to present a quick 2D or 3D model to your client to tell them how fast your work is. Making a preliminary design would not take long, which will improve your chance of getting new projects.
Roomtodo, the web-based software, has revolutionary options to maximize your potential to build a floor plan, make a 3D view, and present a virtual look of the property you will have in the future.