The Linksys provides dual-band range extenders. These can be used both as an access point and as a range extender feature. The device transmits wifi signals through the router and permits access to locations that are difficult to reach.
The management website is easy for users to access and configure the Linksys Extension Setup and Configuration. Read this article if you desire to know more about Linksys extender setup.
Linksys Extender Setup Process:
- Firstly, attach the extender to your router and the dead zone or to other locations with weak connectivity the program for setting it up aids in determining the area with the best accuracy.
- After that, wait until a solid light appears on the extender’s cover. It could take a while. Join the wifi network if you are using an iPhone, computer, or laptop.
- If the setup fails to start automatically, you can enter the web address http://extender.linksys.com.
Making use of the Wi-Fi-protected configuration:
The WiFi-protected setup allows the extender to connect to its network much more accessible and makes it simpler for other devices to join the extender. The router should be compatible with the secure wifi setup, which is the only way to connect the router and extender.
Follow the steps below to connect with WPS:
- Press your WPS extension button for a minimum of one second. If you own a dual-band router, repeat this procedure for the second network to be extended. This time it will be it is the 2.4 GHz will extend first.
- Click to select the WPS button in the WPS setup screen of your router, or follow the first step for the same.
By using the wifi-protected setup PIN
It’s easily located on the product’s label on the extension’s back. Also, if your router’s management has a wifi-protected configuration menu, is it possible to use this method?
Follow these steps to accomplish the same:
- Input the extender’s pin in the appropriate area on the WPS screen on your router. Click Register. After the connection is established, the WPS setting light will remain for 10 seconds.
- Click OK to complete the process.
Switching the Extender to Range Extender Mode
- Firstly, connect your devices to the SSID for the extender. Connect your laptop or mobile device.
- Input the web address http://extender.linksys.com or the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Select the setup option in the setup wizard.
- “As a wireless range extender’ will be selected by default. Choose the next option.
- Select the wifi network that you would like to join today.
- Enter your wifi username into the box and hit enter. You can also set up the extended connection and alter the settings to suit your preferences. Go to Next.
- Choose the exact location of the router based on the spot locating.
- You can set up an administrator’s password to be able to access your account.
- Finally, the extender’s configuration is completed.
Configuring the Extender via Setup CD
- You can customize your range extender by using the help of the setup CD that comes with the device.
- Verify that the router’s wifi settings are correct.
- The settings on both extender and router must coincide for seamless and effective operation. To begin, you must recognize the following.
- Wifi ( name channel the security mode, the name password)
- Lastly, ensure that your laptop is connected to the extender.
Configuring the web management page and advanced settings
The Ethernet cable connects an extender’s network to your personal computer. It allows customers to log on to the internet-based configuration page. To change the wireless settings of the range extender, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, utilize any compatible browser.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 as the IP address on the address bar or the default address you use in web-based addresses.
- Enter the password in an appropriate box.
- Select “Wifi” under the Wireless option. Next, select the primary wireless setting option.
- Click “manual radio” and enter the router’s SSID after the configuration view is visible.
- Choose the security mode of the router under the section that deals with secure wireless, the one that your router is using.
- Enter the wifi password after selecting the Security Mode. It should be 8 characters or less and be case-sensitive.
- Finally, choose Save Settings option after that.
- The configuration procedure is complete.
To enable more advanced features using this Linksys extender, go to the management website page to set up the extender. Also, you can configure multiple advanced features there.
The http://extender.linksys.com is the essential gateway to access the setup wizard for the Linksys extender setup process. You can also use another alternative like the default IP address 192.168.1.1. If you experience any difficulties, you can contact our help desk anytime.