You could be in a situation where you are unable to access the router’s online setup page or are not able to remember the Linksys router WRT54G password. If that is the situation, you could reset it to a standard factory setting. Click the reset icon. Make sure to hold it for 10 seconds.
But, you must be aware that the reset procedure erases all saved settings for the router. You will need to start with a new start, even resetting your router’s password. The default password of the router is admin.’ The username field should be left blank to begin with. Learn more about how to reset Linksys router WRT54G password on this blog.
The reset requires certain things to begin.
- The power LED on the router must be blinking when you hit the reset button.
It is important to note that the button can be located at completely different places depending on the model. Users might have to press and hold the button for 30 seconds for earlier Linksys gadgets to finish the reset procedure.
- Reconnect the power adapter of your router after pressing the button.
Be aware that the router’s power light will flash for a few seconds after reset. This indicates that it’s still generating shots to stabilize. You can power cycle the router if the light on the power circuit fails to remain in stable mode after about a minute.
Linksys WRT54G Reset via a web-based utility.
- Begin by accessing the internet-based configuration page of the router.
- After choosing from the Administration tab, click the Factory tab, the default sub-tab.
- Choose the Restore Factory Defaults button under the Factory Defaults section.
Note: Once the router is reset to factory default settings, modify it to work with your internet provider. The power light-emitting diode on the router will continue to blink for several seconds following the router’s reset. Consequently, the device continues to stabilize. If the power light cannot flash again, even after a minute, restart the router.
Linksys WRT54G Router Setup procedure:
The router needs to be installed after the reset. Follow these steps for installing your Linksys router.
- First, make sure that you have disconnected your router.
- Turn your router on by plugging it into an outlet to provide power.
- Attach the modem to the router that you have just reset.
- Connect to the network in the Quick Start Guide that came with the router.
- It is necessary to input the default gateway you have chosen and type myrouter.local into the browser to open the wizard configuration.
- Make sure to register your router following the configuration. This will allow you to stay current with security updates and other options.
Accessing the web-based Linksys WRT54G setup page:
To access the latest features, you have to open a web-based application. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Check that you are connecting to your router’s internet.
- You can now start any browser.
- Utilize your default address myrouter.local or the IP address 192.168.1.1.
- The router will prompt for your password.
- Enter the password here, and then click the sign-in link. If you changed your password during the setup process, you need to fill in the new password here.
This screen lets you create the basic configurations for the router.
How can I change the Linksys WRT54G router’s password?
The default password of routers is “admin.’ The username should be left in the field empty. You will be asked to change your default password to protect your access.
Additionally, suppose you wish to change the password for your router via the setup page on the internet. This could prevent you from accessing this Linksys Connect software system.
Directions to change password:
- First, go to the router’s setup page on the internet.
- Select the Administration tab.
- In the section for management, enter the new password. In the password section for routers, please enter it again to confirm the password.
- Make sure you type in the correct password. Also, note down your password to have a backup in case you lose it.
- Click Save Settings.
Ensure that the user’s name, and the password for the router’s administrator, are different from the network’s name (SSID) and passphrase for the wireless router. It is essential to keep the router’s software up-to-date to avoid issues with your router’s operation.
The Linksys Router WRT54G’s password reset is possible by following several steps. Contact our tech support team if you have any issues with the login process or any other topic.