There comes a time when you want to disconnect from your social platform, not just temporarily. People decide to ditch their online social presence to lead a less cultural life like never before. Whether you are trying to save future aspects of your job by erasing your Instagram account or reaching your mobile phone a little less, deleting your social media accounts for all time can lead to a better life. So, we’ll discuss how to delete an Instagram account permanently in this article.
Deleting your Instagram account permanently may appear to be an essential step. However, if you are prepared to break free from your profile and have some free time in your life, it is not difficult to achieve.
Let’s learn how to delete your Instagram account permanently. If you have had enough Instagram, you can delete or deactivate your Instagram account. Continue to learn all the steps for deleting or deactivating your Instagram account if you have the option of reactivating your Instagram account.
How to Delete Instagram Account?
To delete your Instagram account permanently, follow these simple steps:
- First, you need to sign in to your account on the Instagram website.
- Go to the ‘Delete Your Account’ Instagram page. Choose your reason for leaving from the dropdown list.
- Now, enter your password and click “Permanent Delete My Account”.
- Your Instagram account has now been deleted permanently.
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
You can follow these steps on how to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone:
- At first, open Safari or another internet browser on your iPhone.
- Go to https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent.
- Here, you will sign in to your Instagram account with your username, email, mobile phone number, and password.
- Now, sign in to Instagram in an internet browser.
- Once you are signed in, you will be asked to answer with what reason you select to delete your Instagram account through a dropdown menu. In the dropdown menu, select the deletion reason.
- You will be asked to re-enter your password. When it is completed, click on “Permanently Delete my Account”.
- When you re-enter your password, you can now delete your Instagram account.
- The last screen before your account is permanently deleted will ask you are sure?
- If yes, then click “Ok”.
Learn More:- How To Recover Deleted Telegram Account?
This will permanently delete your Instagram account, so you can never reaccess it. On the off chance, this sounds a lot to you. Also, you can disable your account, which will hide it from public visibility until you decide to reactivate it again.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account Permanently?
To deactivate your Instagram account permanently follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Instagram website, and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to your profile picture in the top right, click on your profile, and tap “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and click on “Temporarily Disable My Account” in the bottom right of your screen.
- Select the reason “Why do you disable your account?” for deactivating your Instagram account from the dropdown menu. And then, re-enter your password.
- Click on “Temporarily Disable Account”.
How to Recover Your Instagram Account?
To recover your Instagram account, the steps are:
- Go to the Instagram login page and click “forgot password”.
- Then click on the following screen to enter your email address, mobile phone number, or username to request the login link.
- If you don’t remember the details with which you opened the account or the login link doesn’t come up, you need to click on ‘Need more help’ and follow the guidelines given there.
You should be signed into Instagram to delete or deactivate your account. If you have an old Instagram account that you want to delete but cannot remember your password, you will need to restore your Instagram account first prior to deleting it.
Instagram says it will delete the Instagram account and data for 30 days after the request to delete the account. You will no longer be able to recover your information. “When the deletion process starts, it might take 90 days to complete. Copies of your Content might remain in backup after 90 days, which we might use if software error or any other information lost.”
We believe this guide helped you learn how to delete your Instagram account permanently. Follow all the steps related to recovering, deleting, or deactivating your Instagram account and stay happy!