“I was handed an MBOX file and instructed to go over some of the emails before reporting back to my superior.” I’m out of town and can only access Outlook, which I have to do on my laptop due to security and workplace restrictions. Could someone help me here on the safest and quickest method to open the MBOX file to PST so that I can open it in Outlook? Thank you already!”
MBOX is a mailbox file format that holds a text-based collection of emails. Apple Mail, WebMail, Thunderbird, Entourage, Eudora, Gnu, and other email clients use the MBOX file format. When a user switches from a Mac to a Windows PC, their mailbox data must be converted to the PST format, which is compatible with Outlook.
Most Important:- How To Export Entire Mailbox From Zimbra To PST Format?
You may be aware that MBOX files cannot be opened directly in Outlook if you use them. So, how do you open one of these files? Using a manual approach or installing a tool is an alternative. Let’s have a look at how to do it with Thunderbird utilizing the manual method.
What Are the Advantages of Using Outlook to Open MBOX Files?
MBOX is a highly adaptable file format that can be used and opened in a wide range of email clients. However, there are a number of reasons why you might need to use Outlook to open an MBOX file. One of these issues is highlighted at the top of a user inquiry. Due to the limitations of MBOX files, as well as other unfavorable conditions, a user may choose to switch to another email client. What are the drawbacks?
Let’s have a conversation about it:
- The majority of MBOX files are viewed using open-source email clients that are not built for professional email exchange.
- Users have also complained about file locking issues with MBOX files, alleging that as a result, they have had a lot of problems opening and accessing them.
- Although MBOX files are secure, they might become corrupt, making it difficult to identify a solution. In a variety of ways, this might have a substantial impact on your career or work.
- One of the most prominent MBOX file worries is that they cause network file system difficulties. This behavior might generate a lot of complications in an emergency.
Why Choose Microsoft Outlook?
As a result, MBOX files are becoming increasingly problematic, forcing users to transfer to alternative email programs. So, which email client is the most popular among those prepared to make the switch? Customers choose to use Outlook since it is widely utilized and offers a number of complex capabilities.
Let’s have a look at a few of these characteristics:
- Individuals and corporations widely use Outlook for personal and official functions. It’s because Outlook provides sophisticated communication features that are essential in the office.
- Outlook includes Tasks, Journals, Notes, Calendar, Contacts, Assignments, and other minor but helpful functions. All of these features have been introduced to improve and elevate the user experience.
- Outlook has more security features, so your data is safer with Outlook than with MBOX. A sender can protect their data in Outlook by employing a password security option.
The following are some of the reasons why a user would want to switch to Outlook. Let’s take it a step further and look at how to use Outlook to open MBOX files.
Manually Open MBOX File in OUTLOOK Using Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird and set up an IMAP connection to your Gmail account.
- In Thunderbird, create a new folder to add the emails you want to open in Outlook.
- Move the emails to the new Outlook folder you are making. You can do it manually, or you may either drag or drop the files you want to move to the new folder.
- Open Outlook and choose the emails you wish to add to your inbox.
- Drag the emails you wish to save to a new Outlook folder or wherever else you like. The files in the newly created folder are now available for viewing.
This article will demonstrate how to open an MBOX file manually in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. On the other hand, the manual method may take longer because everything must be fitted and configured at the same time. You will have to spend a lot of time getting things set up if it is not. A better solution is to use a program like MBOX Converter.
How To Open An MBOX File in OUTLOOK With The Help Of An Expert Approach?
Using this MBOX to PST Converter, you can easily access data from the MBOX file into Outlook 2019, 2016, and all other versions. Follow the mentioned steps to perform this task.
- Download, install and execute this utility on your computer.
- To begin the procedure, click the Open button.
- Next, choose Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Select File or Folder from the drop-down menu.
- Select PST as the export format from the Export menu.
- Finally, select a saving location and press the Save button.
After that, import this PST file into Outlook using Import/Export Tool.
To view the contents of an MBOX file in Outlook, you must transform it to PST using the steps outlined above. Due to the drawbacks of the manual method, the mentioned tool is the best solution. Many MBOX files can be exported to Outlook at the same time.
The website offers a free trial version of the program that performs the same conversion or migration procedure but with fewer features, which you can check out before purchasing the full version.