More and more companies are using digital marketing to promote and market their brands. They need to hire good digital marketing professionals to do this well. This leads many of them to wonder what they should be including as requirements and responsibilities in a good digital marketing job description.
A good digital marketing job description
Attracts the best and the brightest well, that good digital marketing job description attracts the best, brightest, and most talented in terms of professionals. It must include the following:
- Must communicate and illustrate the purpose of the job – a good digital marketing job description conveys what the entire job is about? It also tells the applicant what his or her responsibilities and duties are. Finally, it lets the applicant know what he and she expected, and the qualifications in terms of work experience and education that he or she must have to apply.
- A good job purpose can be, “Use SEO and PPC concepts and principles to create solid and creative/innovative digital marketing plans and strategies that will have the website and blogs rank high on Google and other major search engines. The overall objective is to drive traffic to the website and generate enough interest in the brands to create instant sales.”
- Job duties must be specific and comprehensive – just so you know digital marketing is a vast field. Therefore, all job duties must be comprehensive. They also have to be industry and company-specific. For example, an engineering firm will have different digital marketing needs from a content writing agency.
Good examples of job duties include:
- Create and put outstanding SEO and PPC strategies and plans into place
- Create and manage strategies that will encourage backlinking on various digital channels. These include social media and other online channels and platforms
- Create and manage strategies that will generate powerful content that will lead to increased web traffic and more immediate sales.
- Create and manage strategies that will increase presence on social media platforms through engaging, interesting, and useful content. Also, create and manage strategies that will encourage interaction on various social media channels.
- Develop digital marketing plans that will predict future digital marketing campaign growth and success and help improve ROI.
- Use ad sites like Google Analytics and Google AdWords to help generate awareness about the website
- Contact and interview various third-party professionals who can create useful content that is also interesting and engaging. Good examples of these professionals include graphic designers, web wizards, web designers, and videographers.
- Create and implement the digital marketing plans and campaigns that will drive traffic
- Do project management and manage other team members
- Stay on top of new social media sites, digital marketing trends, and web technologies.
- Skills and qualifications – this is an essential section because it will help you identify the best, brightest, and most talented in the digital marketing field.
- Make sure to make at least a bachelor’s degree in some sort of marketing/advertising field mandatory. Remember that digital marketing is complex and you will not have much time to teach the basics of digital marketing to the employee.
Skills in marketing are necessary
Experience and skills in marketing are necessary. Experience in management is strongly recommended and preferred. Make sure to inform applicants that they must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The employee will fail if he or she does not know how to write.
The ideal employee will be able to edit content, will be self-motivated, will be an excellent leader, will be excellent at creating and setting goals, will be able to work well in teams, will be detail-oriented, and will know what SEO, PPC, Google, Google AdWords, content management systems, Photoshop, InDesign, Facebook, Twitter, and the MS Office suite of programs are.
A good digital marketing job description does more than inform applicants of what they will be doing, what they expected to accomplish for the company, and the qualifications that they must have.
This job description will also create a strong work environment where high levels of creativity and productivity are encouraged by encouraging only those people who are good at digital marketing to apply.
A good digital marketing job description can make or break companies
A company is a collection of people. These people must be talented and qualified for the business/company to succeed. This can be accomplished only through good digital marketing job descriptions that contain variations of the elements discussed above.