Earlier it was declared that using a single email address and password. An individual can access both the accounts, i.e., Yahoo mail and AT&T. As a result, the inbox will have the emails from both the email service providers. But later, the users were notified that both the accounts would get unmerged, and users would no longer be able to avail both the emails in a single place. Also, different credentials will be required to log in to both the email service providers.
One of the main causes for separation is that both, i.e. Yahoo mail and AT&T were willing to provide better security to their users. Before unmerging, the Yahoo mail login used to get redirected to AT&T, but once they both got unmerged, the scenario changed completely.
Effects of Merged Account
If you are unsure whether you have merged accounts or not, you must read the passage as mentioned below, and after that, you will reach a conclusion soon. So, let us begin.
- 1st Effect: You are able to login to the merged account using both the email addresses (i.e., AT&T and Yahoo Mail)
- 2nd Effect: You can log in to AT&T via both the email addresses, i.e., Yahoo mail and AT&T
- 3rd Effect: The mailbox is receiving emails from both the accounts
- 4th Effect: You can log in to Yahoo mail and AT&T with the same password
- 5th Effect: Whenever you are trying to reset the password of Yahoo mail, you are being redirected to the home page of AT&T
- 6th Effect: Whenever you try to change the password, it is being changed for both accounts.
So, these were the cases from which you can make inferences whether you are on a merged account or not.
Procedure to Separate Yahoo mail from AT&T
In order to separate both the accounts from each other, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
So, let’s Unmerge Yahoo Email from AT&T.
- 1st Step: Open up the web browser
- 2nd Step: Go to the official website of AT&T
- 3rd Step: Once you reach the homepage, you will see AT&T sign-in option. Click on it!
- 4th Step: On the login page, enter the correct credentials, i.e., username and password
- 5th Step: If entered details were correct, you would have logged in successfully to the AT&T
- 6th Step: Go to the “Profile” section (available under MY ATT, which is available at the top navigation bar)
- 7th Step: Go to “AT&T Email Accounts” and click on “Account Profile”.
- 8th Step: Afterwards, go to the “User Information” option and choose “Delete Account” (available at the right side of “Member ID”)
- 9th Step: Now, you will see a prompt titled “Delete Email”, confirm this message by clicking on the “OK” button
- 10th Step: After this, Go to the Yahoo homepage
- 11th Step: Perform Yahoo mail login by entering the right credentials (i.e., username and password)
- 12th Step: Once logged in successfully, click on the “unmerge” option (available at the bottom right corner of the Yahoo page)
If you followed the above steps successfully, you would have separated the Yahoo email from AT&T.
Changes Reflected After Unmerging
After the process of unmerging is complete, an individual will face certain changes, as if they will be able to login to AT&T by using its email address only and not with any other credential. Still, the password will remain the same for both accounts. The same goes with Yahoo mail as well.
Most Important:- How To Save Outlook 2016 Email As PDF With Attachments?
Since AT&T and Yahoo mail will get separated, the same will happen with the features, i.e., the features like contacts, calendar, Yahoo sports, yahoo groups will also get separated and will be available with the Yahoo mail only. It can be concluded from the above passage that the features relating to AT&T will get separated from the Yahoo mail and vice versa.
If unluckily, you could not manage to separate both, i.e., Yahoo Email and AT&T. In this case, you can contact customer care, as they are available 24X7 throughout the year. So, you can contact them whenever you are free or have spare time.
The relationship of AT&T and Yahoo permitted clients to get to their messages and different items and administrations on a solitary stage. This affiliation went well alongside a few. Notwithstanding, utilizers who coexisted with the single-stage would confront a few issues with these two organizations’ unmerge. Furthermore, discussing clients who have no clue whether their record is working or even legitimate probably won’t work out well for them.
Assuming that you observe trouble getting to or marking in with your Yahoo Mail account, reach out to the specialists right away. The experts can arrive at every minute of every day. Just contact Yahoo Customer Support to profit from yourself for a moment’s goal.