Ecommerce has grown over the past few years. Today, several eCommerce platforms are availing fast, secure, and safe eCommerce Marketing Services to a growing market globally. With the increased use of mobile for shopping, there is still significant for more growth. However, how can users know and choose, especially with serious concerns on cybersecurity?
Pros & Cons of top 7 Ecommerce Platforms
Today, there are several options for building free or low-cost eCommerce stores. Below we share some of the pros and cons of either free or low-cost maintenance eCommerce platforms. Let’s find out more below with the pros and cons of the top 7 eCommerce platforms.
WooCommerce is a web-based, cloud, and SaaS eCommerce platform with a plug-in added that turns WordPress websites into functional online stores. It takes and receives orders, has secure payment gateways, and configures shipping fees with official tracking of orders.
Also, it has popular pay channel extensions like PayPal. Its customer care is active even on remote globally. There is a money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers to cancel subscriptions with paid options.
- Several payment gateway options
- WordPress theme adaptable
- Customizable options
- Specific WordPress site adaptable
- Costly extra features
- Operational platform limited
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that aids businesses in building an online presence with great ad visibility on professional platforms. Also, it has great customization options as several apps integrate easily. It avails diverse templates that aid clients’ code and build instant eCommerce stores.
- 24/7 online customer services
- Exceptional ready to use templates
- Inventory and order management
- Reliable e-mail marketing
- Web-based, cloud, SaaS, and iPhone/iPad deployment.
- Applicable third-party payment gateway charges
- Extra payment for platform features
- Applicable maintenance charges.
PrestaShop is an open-source eCommerce platform. There are unlimited options for businesses to online stores. Also, apart from templates, expert coders help customize your business’ eCommerce store with a variety of templates.
It is easier to run the business’ product line, track orders, establish customer relations, and use inbuilt analytics to follow the business performance. Moreover, global marketing store tools enhance access to a wider market with multi-lingual capability. Also, it is possible to make trail sites free and test them with exciting premium add-ons on additional fees.
- Multiple language capability
- Large online support community
- Adaptable with several business apps
- Multi-OS Mac and Windows deployment
- Multi-platform deployable on web-based cloud and SaaS.
- Exceptional Order and Inventory management
- Online customer care via phone and web
- Maintenance charges apply
Blue host is an eCommerce site builder platform that avails several smart tools in the eCommerce store building area. There is enhanced eCommerce store optimization with AI solutions that is easy to track around the clock. There are updates on progress and growth enabled with analytics and 24/7 customer support. Also, experts on call mean a reliable way to create eCommerce stores with confidence.
- Multiple deployments via web-based, cloud, and SaaS
- 24/7 customer service online and phone (in-office hours)
- Seamless interactive email marketing
- Free site Migration in WordPress
- Site optimization with integrated analytics
- Mobile responsive themes and templates
- Maintenance costs apply
5) GoDaddy Online Store
Besides being known for exceptional hosting services, GoDaddy also has eCommerce store services. These avail users everything needed to create and run online stores. Also, GoDaddy’s online stores allow users to add and edit product lists, create discounts in multiple payment formats, and promote stores on social media channels.
Also, amazingly user-friendly page editor, email marketing, and other great features. Moreover, GoDaddy Payments connect offline stores to other online pay channels in one app.
- Accessible and affordable pricing/rates
- Multiple features and solutions
- Multiple deployments on web-based, cloud, and SaaS
- 24/7 customer care service via phone and live chat
- Easy to run and sell on diverse marketplaces
- Irreversible to free once the premium version is activated
- Maintenance costs apply
BigCommerce lets users make eCommerce stores with WordPress plugins. Whereas it is a payment platform, a free trial period allows users to start stores without upfront payment. Also, the fully evolved eCommerce platform avails multiple solutions to established users.
- Free trial without credit card details
- Easy to start by signing up and entry of details on the store and the addition of products.
- Access to the free domain in case preferred to custom.
- Integration to multiple pay channels like PayPal and Stripe.
- Multiple third-party apps for extended functionality.
- Extremely short trial period of 15 days
- Maintenance fee of established store monthly
- Limitations on the use of add-ons and themes.
- Limited choices on other eCommerce options.
X-Cart is an online eCommerce platform having multiple template designs that let users customize their eCommerce sites in HTML and CSS. Equipped with digital marketing, it simplifies promotions and ad campaigns either on the sites or social media channels.
The multiple payment gateways accept global currency transactions hence global market access. Besides store optimization, it has access to several analytics tools, including Google Analytics. That enhances the ability to evaluate business success and growth with credible and verifiable facts.
- Cart abandonment feature
- Continued tech support
- A large number of integrations
- Multi-platform usage of web-based, cloud, and SaaS
- Inventory and order management
- 24/7 online customer care service
- A limited number of templates
- Doesn’t have a downloadable app
- More expensive than the competition
As seen above, with advanced innovation and technology, it is easy to make sites with robust, fast, and reliable services. Today, Ecommerce Marketing Services avail users the ability to choose wisely or make exceptional choices when it comes to eCommerce-related consultation. Also, availing of great CMS and SEO services only helps push the stores to higher success.