India is one of the most populated nations globally, the 2nd largest, to be specific. Therefore, it is natural that the universities in India cannot keep up with the ever-increasing number of seat takers, leaving a huge chunk of India’s young demographic seatless and clueless about their future. It is where the prospect of MBBS Abroad comes to the rescue, and this is what the focus of this post is.
Naturally, many students will seek to take an MBBS admission abroad. Therefore, it becomes crucial to be aware of certain things before going forward with the application and eventual admission process.
Why MBBS abroad?
Students often consider medical colleges abroad as an alternative to the local colleges, but it is hardly the priority for people. However, it might be surprising to learn that MBBS abroad is an overall better option for education and affordability.
- Medical colleges abroad are a steal as these are primarily public institutions but have services that rival the quality of those of the private colleges in India.
- Despite this, these have a relatively lesser fee than Indian universities. A primary factor helping in this is the absence of donations/capitation fees.
- Additionally, Indian students find it easier to get scholarships, which further reduces the MBBS in abroad fees to be paid.
- Students can easily sponsor their living expenses by doing part-time jobs even when living abroad during the program. 20 hours/week is enough to do so.
- One significant advantage that puts universities abroad ahead is accessibility. Medical colleges abroad ensure that their curriculums are designed so that they incorporate online and offline education.
- Add to this the provisions of e-learning tools and resources, and one gets a program where they can easily switch between online and offline learning without facing any problems.
Most public universities abroad offer clinical internships and clerkships not just within the country but outside their sovereign borders. This way, students get an overall idea about the globally accepted medical norms and practices by working with medical professionals worldwide.
How can One be Eligible?
Different countries have their own set of eligibility criteria. However, there are some standard requirements that students need to know before taking an MBBS admission abroad. The most common and important ones have been highlighted below:
- A minimum score of 50% is required in the 10+2 stage.
- Students must also pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) proficiency test, with a minimum percentile of at least 5.5-6.5.
- An important requirement for taking an MBBS admission abroad is the Letter of Recommendation (LOR).
- Students must have at least 1 LOR by the institution from where they received education before enrolling here.
- Some countries may also require a Statement of Purpose (SOP) to submit along with the application form.
Top Medical Colleges Abroad
However, several nations offer opportunities to pursue MBBS. Only a few nail every aspect of it to be mentioned at the top in this post, highlighting the top 5 universities of the top destinations for MBBS abroad.
Russia has always been the hub of the sciences since the Soviet era. Therefore, when it comes to MBBS admission abroad, the universities of this country are the most sought after, which are mentioned below:-
- Chuvash State Medical University = INR 18-19 Lakh
- Kabardian-Balkarian State University = INR 14-15 Lakh
- Crimea Federal University = INR 18-19 Lakh
- Bashkir State Medical University = INR 19-20 Lakh
- Kazan Federal University = INR 25-26 Lakh
With the growing demand for medical colleges abroad, Ukraine has also emerged as one of the most attractive destinations for higher medical education. Its Soviet legacy also has a huge role to play in this. The top 5 universities here are:-
- Kharkiv National Medical University = INR 25-26 Lakh
- Vinnitsa National Medical University = INR 26-27 Lakh
- Bogomolets National Medical University = INR 25-26 Lakh
- Taras Shevchenko National University = INR 25-26 Lakh
- Lviv National Medical University = INR 26-27 Lakh
Affordability and an FMGE passing percentage of more than 70% go hand-in-hand to increase the medical universities’ overall appeal in Georgia. The colleges one needs to look at in this country include:-
- Tbilisi State Medical University = INR 38-39 Lakh
- East European University = INR 27-28 Lakh
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University = INR 24-25 Lakh
- Peter Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy = INR 32-33 Lakh
- New Vision University = INR 29-30 Lakh
The conversation around the best MBBS abroad destinations will not be complete without mentioning the country contributing to the largest number of nurses globally. The universities one should consider here for MBBS abroad admission include:-
- University of Perpetual Help System Dalta = INR 29-30 Lakh
- AMA School of Medicine = INR 25-26 Lakh
- Emilio Aguinaldo College = INR 29-30 Lakh
- Our Lady Fatima University = INR 28-29 Lakh
- UV Gullas College of Medicine = INR 19-20 Lakh
It is one of the underdogs regarding the popularity of medical colleges abroad as not many people know about this prospect. Still, Kazakhstan has an average FMGE passing percentage of more than 80%. The colleges to consider here are:
- Kazakh National Medical University = INR 21-22 Lakh
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy = INR 21-22 Lakh
- International Medical School = INR 17-18 Lakh
- Astana State Medical University = INR 20-21 Lakh
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University = INR 21-22 Lakh
One of the primary reasons people prefer to pursue an MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is the quality of education provided and the affordability of fees. The list of universities below with their MBBS abroad fees reflects precisely this:-
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy = INR 19-20 Lakh
- International School of Medicine = INR 19-20 Lakh
- Asian Medical Institute = INR 14-15 Lakh
- Osh State Medical University = INR 14-15 Lakh
- Jalalabad State Medical University = INR 14-15 Lakh
In total, one can take away from the above points that people mistake in their conceptions regarding MBBS abroad. The facts above prove that contrary to popular belief. The MBBS Abroad Fees do not burn a hole in one’s pocket but are instead more affordable.
Ample good opportunities are waiting for students in various countries. Thus, it would be safe to go for MBBS admission abroad and beneficial as well.