Essay writing is an essential skill that helps you in school or college and will also benefit you in the long run in your professional career. Essay writing teaches you how to organize multiple thoughts and information logically to answer an argument strategically. In addition, daily practicing of essay writing improves your writing skills. You can use this skill for letter writing, making presentations, proposal writing, or countless other forms of writing and communications.
In this blog, you will learn how to help your friend write the perfect essay.
Teaching is also a form of learning. So, the more you discuss a subject to teach others, different sides get revealed before you know the matter more intricately. So, next time any of your friends asks you for help in their essay writing, willingly go forward to help them, as the process will benefit both of you.
1) Make a Plan
The first step that you need to take is planning. It may sound time-consuming, but only good planning will lead you to a perfect outcome. And, in terms of essay writing, proper planning will save your time from random steps and distractions because you will know what you’re planning to write and how you will guide your friend.
If you feel lost somewhere, you can check the MyAssignmenthelp review of Myassignmenthelp.com experts on essay writing help. Then, following expert advice, write down all the ideas that are coming up. Then mix both of your ideas to make a simple flowchart of your action plan.
2) Outline the structure
- Discuss with your friend the essay’s structure.
- As per the topic and genre of the paper, decide the structure.
- Choose a topic and a genre of your interest.
It will help you to execute the task smoothly. Tell your friend to treat the essay’s topic as an argument. It needs to have a logical structure, with all your points coming together to answer the question. A standard essay includes five paragraphs.
The first paragraph is for the introduction, the second, third, and fourth para for the essay’s body, and the last section for the conclusion. You may need to add additional pages for the title page and reference list. To clarify that, ask your friend to contact the instructor.
3) Back up your essay with research and well-analyzed quotations
Guide your friend on how to do thorough research before writing. Each body paragraph needs to attach proven evidence, well-analyzed quotations, and examples to support the statement. You can use different literary techniques, like Tricolon, Metaphor, Tautology, Parallelism, Chiasmus, Polysyndeton, Alliteration, etc. The quotations can enrich your appreciation of the question and will be sure to impress examiners.
4) Be creative and original.
While assisting your friend, tell them to be creative and original with the approach because anyone can try to copy the general essay writing format. But to write a ‘perfect’ essay, one has to put their uniqueness into the paper. So, discuss how to make it original, unique, and relevant to the topic with your friend.
- In terms of introduction, try to make it crispy and eye-catchy so that it can immediately grab the professor’s attention. State the thesis statement at the end of the introduction.
- The main points you have mentioned in the introduction will regulate the essay’s body. In the body, discuss the main arguments in detail. Then, provide the sources you have collected to make it informative and enriched.
- In conclusion, summarize your main points. The conclusion is the climax of the speech. The bit everything else has been leading up to. Instead of making a boring speech, try to make it exciting and memorable.
- It is the last chance to impress your teacher. So, please make the most of it. You can also recommend further research. End with a proper citation as per University guidelines.
So, following these steps, you can guide your friend to compose an essay. And, don’t forget to edit and proofread to make the essay error-free and flawless.