Want to open the corporate file stored on the server but fail to try and do so due to QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue? If yes, then there is no requirement for you to panic anymore, as this post will discuss everything that must be finished in this case.
Most Important:- How to Resolve QuickBooks Script Error?
There are many factors that may cause QuickBooks multi-mode user issues, which you may get to learn onwards during this post, together with their possible troubleshooting methods.
Are you struggling with the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue and need to debug it straight away? If affirmative, don’t wait to talk with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the factors that cause QuickBooks multi-user mode issue?
The followings are the factors because which QuickBooks multi-user mode issue often crops up:
- The hosting settings don’t seem to be correctly configured in QuickBooks.
- The Windows Firewall is not allowing communication between the server and your workstation.
What to try to do to rectify the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue?
To fix the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue follow all the methods mentioned below:
Method 1: Correctly configure the hosting settings in QuickBooks.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your workstation.
- Directly attend the File menu rather than trying to open your company file.
- Hit the Utility option within the drop-down.
- If you discover the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, pick it.
- If you notice Host Multi-User Access is an option, don’t pick it.
- Follow the above instructions within the same order on all other workstations.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer. The server computer is the one that stores your company file.
- Proceed to the File menu and hit the Utility option within the drop-down.
- If you discover the Host Multi-User Access option, pick it.
- If you notice Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is an option, don’t pick it.
Method 2: Adjust the Windows Firewall’s security settings for QuickBooks.
- Move to your server computer and click the Windows Start button.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search space. Then open Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings located on the left pane.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and then tap the New Rule option.
- Choose the Port option and click the following button.
- Confirm to settle on the TCP option.
- Within the Specific local ports space, enter the actual port figures required for your QuickBooks year version.
- Click the following button after entering the port figures.
- Confirm to pick out the Allow the Connection option and click the next button.
- Ensure all profiles are marked if required. Hit the following button.
- Make a replacement rule and provides it a reputation within the way “QBPorts(year).”
- Select the Finish button.
- Repeat the instructions given above and make outbound rules. Undergo all the identical steps, except select Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your workstation so see if you will open the corporate file.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Because the initiative start by opening QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server computer
- Visit the beginning menu and kind ‘Database.’
- If no folder location is found, use the Browse choice to attend to the folder that stores the corporate file(s).
- Now, press the OK button. Follow it by clicking the Scan button.
Method 4: Check whether QuickBooks services are running.
Make sure that QuickBooks DBXX (where XX represents the year of QuickBooks) and QBCF Monitor Service are in running state on the server computer.
Follow the below steps to use the multi-user mode of QuickBooks services:
- Initiate the primary step by typing ‘services.msc’ within the windows search bar. Move forward and press the Enter key.
- Lookout for QuickBooks DBXX service to look within the Services window. If this does not appear, then follow these given steps:
- Ensure that the database server manager is installed on the server properly
- Look out for the corresponding, up-to-date Database Server Manager. Each year after the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop on the user’s computer, the Manager also gets an upgrade.
- Just in case the whole program is running on the pc, one must make sure that hosting is enabled on the server.
- The following step should involve double-clicking the QuickBooks DBXX service. Once the service starts, it should show either the Running or Start option.
- Within the following step, select ‘Restart the QuickBooks DBXX Service’ for the primary, secondary, and succeeding failures under the Recovery tab.
- Simply repeat points 1, 2, 3, and 4 as mentioned above for the QBCF Monitor Service.
If you fail to beat the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue after following the above troubleshooting solutions, then the Windows file permissions are not possibly properly configured. Hence, our suggestion for you is to configure the Windows file permissions.
You will also avail yourself of further help removing the QuickBooks multi-user mode issue by contacting our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.