Large enterprises that have multiple premises consider the security & safety of each site as their top priority. Cloud Camera Solutions allows a large enterprise to monitor all of its sites and overall operations without constant manual supervision. Let’s start from:
How Cloud Cameras Can Monitor Multiple Locations?
Here is how:
1) Easy Monitoring of Multiple Locations through Cloud Cameras:
A large enterprise can connect each location by installing a Cloud Surveillance System. This allows you to monitor your cameras spread across all sites on a single as well as unified interface.
For instance, IGZY provides a single & unified platform, which connects cloud cameras on every site for easy monitoring through the internet.
2) Quick and Easy Control Using Smart Devices:
Unified/single platforms allow easy viewing of video/footage recorded by the cloud surveillance system. It can also be controlled from devices like laptops/ desktops or tablets/smartphones with the help of an internet connection. Also, you can check/overlook your facilities from anywhere within seconds.
3) Cloud Cameras and User Access:
Multiple sites mean multiple people at places they aren’t supposed to be. Through cloud camera solutions, businesses can easily avoid these human interventions. Moreover, it saves you valuable time by not worrying about who might be breaking in!
Enterprises can employ user rights and roles to deal with complex problems like breaches/break-ins. Each successful or failed attempt to enter the facility can be noted/recorded. In case of failed attempt to enter, an alert would be sent to authorized personnel on-site in real-time so that it can be reviewed immediately.
For instance, imagine you are sitting hundreds of kilometers away from one of your sites, and an employee of yours wants to access a particular area of that site that he isn’t permitted to enter. With the help of IGZY’s cloud surveillance system, an enterprise or user could analyze such a situation and give or revoke access accordingly.
4) How do Cloud Cameras help in SOP Compliance?
Do you know, According to a survey by Robert Half International, Employers lose about 4.5 hours per week per employee to time theft?
With the help of a Cloud Surveillance System:
- You can easily track the opening and closing times of your sites.
- Track if employees are present at their designated positions.
- Ensure that employees are following the pre-decided set of rules.
And so much more!
For example, you can analyze employee activity such as average time spent on the workstation, average break time, average time spent away from the workstation, etc., at any given time and place from anywhere in the world.
5) Storage: Cost, Loss, And Maintenance:
- Footage loss and retrieval: Cloud camera solutions allow the user to eliminate the risk of footage theft or loss. They allow users to update & sync their data into the cloud automatically, making footage loss impossible and footage retrieval quick & easy. By eliminating the use of local storage/hard drives, the risk of data theft, tampering, or corruption is automatically eliminated.
- No hardware cost: One of the pitfalls of using local storage is purchasing more hard drives/disks if you reach your storage capacity. Cloud storage can be expanded or upgraded easily and at a minimal cost. By using the cloud, hard disks/drives are no longer required.
- Maintenance and upgrades: Cloud camera storage solutions don’t require constant manual maintenance. Cloud camera solutions provide regular device/camera health check-up updates. The software/firmware is upgraded using the internet instead of relying upon a manual IT professional for maintenance.
In case of a device/camera goes offline, an alert would be sent to the maintenance team so that no footage is lost and no harm is done.
6) Theft & Pilferage Prevention:
As per a Global Theft Barometer report, shoplifting, employee theft, supplier/vendor fraud, and loss prevention expenditure cost about $2,190 million for businesses in India. But only 29.7% of the 50 most-stolen product losses are recorded due to inadequate surveillance systems.
A Cloud Surveillance System allows live monitoring of your premises and helps you avoid suspicious activities like theft, intrusion, or vandalism. For example, cloud cameras can be placed outside inventory rooms to avoid the theft of goods in places like retail stores, restaurants, warehouses, etc.
To prevent your enterprise from such threats, you can employ motion-sensing cloud cameras. Motion-sensing cloud cameras can be used to detect someone/something suspicious. If anything/anyone suspicious activity is seen/caught, a live alert would be sent to the on-site security team for immediate action.
Even if a culprit somehow gets away while caught committing a crime, they can be apprehended by the relevant authorities using high-quality/resolution footage and images provided by cloud cameras.
7) Protecting Brand Image:
Imagine you are a restaurant owner with multiple outlets spread across India, and an employee at one of your restaurants isn’t abiding by the essential health and safety instructions?
Such actions can put the health and safety of your customers at stake. It would not only tarnish the image of that particular outlet but the overall image of your company.
If an employee doesn’t comply with the health and safety rules set:
- A live warning/notification (according to the severity pre-decided by the user) will be sent to authorized on-site personnel.
- Video and image snippets would be sent to further review and action.
- An alert would be sent to the in-charge surveillance team to ensure quick/instant action, and connected cloud cameras would immediately notify on-site personnel.
With rapid technological advancement these days, you want the best for your enterprise. It is highly recommended that an enterprise with multiple locations use Cloud Camera-based Surveillance.
Cloud Camera Solutions work actively as a way to prevent and deter threats and ensure long-term security. But Cloud Cameras are not just limited to safety or security; they can be used to improve business efficiency at multiple locations at a single point time as well as drive down operational costs.
IGZY provides customized Cloud Camera Solutions to large enterprises to ensure the safety and security of their business. To learn more about how Cloud Camera Solutions can help you and your enterprise, go to/visit our website.