Dermal filler lip augmentation is an aesthetic procedure that gives your lips fuller and plumper. It is safer than other methods for enhancing your lips, such as fat injections, implants, or collagen. The less risk and the smallest adverse effects have led to its increasing popularity.
In simple terms, the procedure of enhancing your lips is for people who like their lips to appear fuller or feel that their lips on the top and bottom appear to be different from each other. If you feel that your bottom and top lips are not symmetrical to each other, then you may opt for lip filler treatments.
This procedure is not surgical by nature, making it more comfortable for those who prefer not to go under the knife to undergo cosmetic procedures. Additionally, it’s cost-effective and does not burn a hole in your pocket.
The results of this temporary improvement in the appearance of your lips can last between 4 and 12 months. That means that if you discover that this is not something you would like to do, you have to do the only thing that is not to use any more injections. Since it is not permanent, it is unnecessary to commit to it if you are not happy with it after a couple of months.
Types of Lip Dermal Filler
Various lip fillers are used around the lips, but the most popular and preferred ones at a dermal filler treatment clinic in the UK contain Hyaluronic Acid in the formulations. This is because hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found in the body.
Therefore, the closest thing to a natural substance you can look for. In addition, it adds volume to your lips. Many products in the market have Hyaluronic Acid to inject dermal fillers. Some of them are:
- Juvederm: Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Juvederm Volbella XC
- Restylane: Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk
- Prevelle Silk
- Belotero Balance
Each of the above products offers almost identical outcomes, and some even have lidocaine, which utilizes local anesthesia.
Dermal Filler Lip Augmentation Procedure
Lip augmentation treatments need to be taken on by experienced and qualified experts in a safe environment. This is not only to ensure that you get your preferred results but also to maintain safety.
Numbing Agent Application
Dermal filler lip enhancement is a pretty fast procedure with little to no downtime. First, a physician will apply a local numbing agent to minimize the pain. Next, some physicians favor giving nerve block injections to numb the nerves in and around your lips.
It is practically comparable to the sort of anesthetic injections you get in your mouth when checking out a dental expert. Sometimes, ice is additionally used before the shots to numb the location and avoid swelling or wounding.
Marking and Injections
The Physician meticulously marks the areas where he infuses you since the needles used in this procedure are extremely small and precise.
It is adhered to by infusing the hyaluronic acid in your lips. It might take 1-3 cc’s of hyaluronic acid fillers to reach your ideal lip volume.
Keep a Sample Picture
We recommend you keep a sample image of lips that you plan to accomplish. It assists the injector in developing a customized therapy prepared for you.
Then, based upon your demands, they will then offer you some visits over what time you would certainly need to reach your preferred outcomes.
Lip Dermal Filler After Care
- Your lips will likely be swollen after the treatment. You may additionally discover some soreness or wounding at the sites of the shots. However, most side effects will undoubtedly be minor, and you will be able to return to routine shortly.
- Apply ice to your lips later utilizing an ice pack or a cube of ice covered in a towel (so it does not stay with the lip and cause discomfort). This will certainly help relieve swelling, itching, bruising, as well as any other pain.
- Stay away from strenuous workouts for one to two days after getting lip fillers. Elevated blood pressure from exercise may make swelling or wounding even worse.
- Consuming plenty of water will certainly help your body recover.
- Eat lots of moisturizing fruits and vegetables and try to avoid excess sodium, which may intensify swelling.
- Stay away from heats like steam baths, saunas, or warmed exercise courses for two days after treatment. High warmth can make swelling more pronounced.
- Do not sleep on your face. Avoid make-up on your lips for approximately one day after.
Utilizing dermal fillers to add volume and enhance your lips’ shape is increasingly getting popular due to the advantages associated with this treatment, whether it’s the gradual pace of the therapy or the minimal risks involved in the procedure, whether its personalization or the rapid treatment.
The benefits of these methods are multifold. The most important and considerable thing here is that you must go for an expert and certified consultant for dermal lip fillers.