Offshore software development, or IT Staff Augmentation, is often considered risky by entrepreneurs who don’t understand how it works or why they should use it. The truth is outsourcing software development is cost-effective and has numerous benefits you might not know about if you’ve never had the chance to work with an Offshore Development Company.
Offshore Software Development Myths
This blog refutes the most common myths about outsourcing and the truths that dispel the myths. Once you read this, you will be able to decide whether this business strategy would be beneficial to your company or not.
Myth 1 – Offshore Software Development Is Insecure
Quite common amongst businesses, the reality is that offshore software development is one of the most secure methods of developing software. Many security experts consider offshore development more secure than traditional onshore software development.
One reason is that offshore developers are not directly responsible for the code they create. Instead, they rely on a team of qualified professionals skilled in coding and security. This eliminates the possibility of someone unauthorized accessing the code or compromising its security. It also helps ensure high levels of quality due to increased attention from IT staff.
Myth 2 – Offshore Software Development Is Expensive
Offshore software development is usually cheaper than developing software onshore. You can save company costs by Hiring Offshore Developers in countries with low labor costs.
The cost of offshore software development is often less expensive when it comes to IT staff augmentation. Outsourcing companies have access to a wide range of qualified programmers and coders eager to work for a fraction of what their onshore counterparts would cost.
With so many resources available at such a low price, why wouldn’t any company want to take advantage? IT Staff Augmentation offers the ability to scale up or down as needed and pay only for your services.
In addition, it allows businesses from all over the world to find high-quality professionals who are perfect for any job they need to be done.
Myth 3 – Offshore Software Development Is Slow
Again, this isn’t always the case, but offshore development is not uncommon to be faster than onshore development. This is because offshore developers usually work with pre-existing code bases, which speeds up the process.
Outsourcing providers use IT staff augmentation to manage these riskier tasks so that offshoring teams can focus on the projects that need their expertise most urgently.
Learn More About: Top 10 App Development Software’s
Myth 4 – Offshore Software Development Is Unsafe
There’s a common misconception that offshore software development is unsafe. This could not be further from the truth! Offshore software development can actually be more secure than traditional onshore development, and we have reasons to justify it:
- Security – Offshore developers typically have less access to your code and databases than onshore developers
- Communication – With the greater physical distance between developers and stakeholders, communication tends to happen in writing rather than verbally. With phone calls, meetings and presentations also happening in writing, it becomes much easier to track what was discussed or decided during a meeting or presentation.
- Ownership – Having a much greater physical distance from stakeholders, it becomes much easier to assign ownership of tasks. Since offshore development is typically a virtual environment, it is easier to define roles and responsibilities better.
Myth 5 – Offshore Software Development Is Risky
When it comes to software development, there are always risks involved. However, these risks can be managed and minimized with offshore software development. With proper planning and communication, businesses can maintain their project quality and retain intellectual property ownership.
With IT Staff Augmentation, businesses can be confident that their data is secure because employees can temporarily transfer skills & knowledge to an offsite employee to do their job better.
Myth 6 – Offshoring is for Corporations Only
The truth is that if you are an individual or small business, all you need to do to start offshoring your project is find a reputable Mobile Software Development Company in India with a professional offshore mobile app development team.
We offer offshore outsourcing at affordable rates and will be happy to provide references so you can get in touch with our previous clients. Please get in touch with us for more information on our offshore mobile app development services and rates.
Myth 7 – Offshoring May Result In Loss of IP
There’s a common misconception that you outsource your intellectual property (IP) when outsourcing software development. This simply isn’t true. You retain full ownership of your IP when you outsource development. Many companies outsource development precisely because they want to keep their IP in-house. There are different forms of outsourcing that can be considered for various projects.
One example is offshore mobile app development, which happens when your developer is based in another country and works remotely to create your app. This type of development still allows you to retain ownership of your IP.
Reasons Why Outsourcing is a Good Idea:
There are many reasons outsourcing is a good idea for your business, and some of them are mentioned below:
- IT staff augmentation is a good method to supplement your in-house team and access skilled resources that may be difficult to find locally.
- Outsourcing can help you manage project scope and keep costs down by avoiding the need to hire full-time employees.
- Working with an offshore development team can help you get your product to market faster, as they can provide additional manpower to speed up the development process.
- It also helps IT Staff Augmentation learn new skills and processes to bring back into their onsite jobs for increased value and productivity.
- IT Staff Augmentation also has much lower start-up costs than hiring local talent – often paying 50% of what it would cost to hire someone from your own country’s workforce or 30% of what it would cost for someone within the same time zone.
- You will gain increased access to low-cost resources.
- You can increase the efficiency of your organization’s workflow. You’ll be able to scale more quickly without having to make huge investments in infrastructure and personnel. And most importantly, you will improve customer satisfaction by providing high-quality, cost-effective, reliable services.
With those myths busted, it’s time to get down to brass tacks. To start planning your IT staff augmentation strategy with offshore developers, you should first evaluate your organization’s situation and determine what makes sense for you.
Re-evaluate frequently to stay on track, whether quarterly or monthly, depending on your business needs. Hire a competent offshore developer who understands your industry and its specifics.
Select someone who has plenty of experience working with other companies similar to yours. Ensure you have good communication channels, including regular status updates from the offshore developer assigned to your project(s).
Finally, don’t forget security! Protecting confidential information is important no matter where it resides; this includes protecting information from hackers who might steal sensitive data from offshore software developers.
Hiring offshore developers has many benefits, including maintaining project quality, communication, ownership, and security. However, some businesses may hesitate because of myths and misconceptions floating around about offshore development.
Hopefully, this blog post has helped clarify some misconceptions! If you have any other questions about hiring offshore developers, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.