BCA means Bachelor of Computer Application. Nowadays, it has become the first choice of tech-loving people. Students who have little interest in computer learning, programming, web development, graphics designing can go for BCA, and many more are going for it.
As the internet penetration increases, all the daily work is going online. This field opens up many earning sources. It has a vast potential and a variety of career options.
What is a BCA course?
BCA is a professional technical graduate program. It is a 3-year degree program, where you learn about different areas of computers. You can choose any one of them to continue your career in them.
It is an undergraduate program that can be done after the 12th. In this program, you will have to study everything that will make you a professional in computer operation. At the same time, you will have knowledge of IT, which is related to various fields.
Who should do the BCA course?
BCA is a perfect career option. It is a modern course, and we have a lot of potential in this field. If you are interested in working with big companies; like Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Wipro, TCS, and many other MNCs, you can choose BCA.
Also Read:- How To Create A Better Educational System?
A student who is a computer or tech enthusiast who keeps scrolling and looking for something on the internet. Keeps discovering new things on the internet, should go for the BCA course.
Students who want to do computer-related technical undergraduate courses in less time and less cost. A good salary and a promising career are expected, then those students must join the BCA course.
- Students who have done 12th with at least 50% marks can join the BCA course.
- It is also mandatory to have English and Mathematics subjects in Intermediate.
- While the student’s age should be at least 17 years and not more than 25 years, usually, most colleges give relaxation in the maximum age limit.
- It is a 3-year long course, which you can join after the 12th.
- This course makes you a graduate. After doing BCA, there is no need to do B Tech or any other graduate-level technical course. It is a tremendous advantage of enrolling in this professional course.
- There are 6 semesters in 3 years. Each semester is for 6 months and has its subject and study material.
What do students learn during this course?
During this course, you will learn about computers and their inter-branches. The subject may vary slightly according to your university and college. Apart from this, the main subjects are:
- Computer fundamentals
- Office automation tools
- Multimedia technology
- Computer organization
- Desktop publishing
- Management information system
- C program
- C ++
- HTML & CSS
- Asp.net technology
- Business development
- Applied English
- Communicative English
The syllabus may be slightly different in some colleges, but all you will learn is computer programming, web development, graphics designing, web designing, and networking.
Mathematics and English are in the first 3 semesters. And if you are afraid of maths, you might be a little confused about maths, but you can pass these semesters.
- For most of the top colleges, you need to clear the entrance exam.
- Most of the universities are conducting their entrance exam.
- But there are some colleges where you can get direct admission based on your 12th.
Here is a list of some of the top entrance exams you can apply for:
- SUAT – For Sharda University
- For KIITEE- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Training
- DSAT for Dayanand Sagar University
- For IUET- Integral University
- For SHIATS- Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture
- BVP BUMAT – For Bharati Vidyapeeth University
Apart from these entrance exams, there are many other entrance exams for BCA admission. If you want to take admission to a college close to your home, that is also possible because many colleges are available today for BCA.
You will be surprised to know this if I tell you the truth about career options in Bachelor in Computer Applications, but yes, you have to trust it.
There are a lot of career options in this field. You can also take up a job or open your own business. You can even work from home for your client, and finding clients isn’t hard.
Jobs have these job profiles, which you will get after BCA, and this will be your annual package:
- Web Developer- 3.0-8 LPA
- Programmer – 5-20 LPA
- Graphic Designer- 4-22 LPA
- Junior Software Engineer- 1-2.5 LPA
- Data Analyst- 1.5-3 LPA
- Software Tester- 1.5-3 LPA
These are the job profiles and designations you will get after BCA, and this will be your estimated salary package. But if you are looking for government jobs, then you have many job opportunities immediately after BCA:
- IT Professional
- Bank correspondent
- Computer operator
- Computer director
Salary is too less in the government sector, but the private sector pays you well. Suppose you dream of working with Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Wipro, Accenture, etc. BCA will open all avenues to reach these companies. Very high salary with good facilities and better work experience.